Sunday 23 September 2012

My Germans PT 1. SS-Panzerpioneers

Ok lets get started here.  First up is my first attempt at SS summer oak leaf camo.  I religiously follow direction from The Bard's Abode which features painting tutorials by Tom Wise.  Its pretty much my goto site for tutorials and all my minis are greatly influenced by them.

I chose to start with these guys because they were a support option in my first FoW company.  The 2nd SS out of Earth and Steel.

Ive loaded them up with a goliath, supply truck and 3 extra halftracks which I then replace with 3 Stuka Half tracks :)

 The Platoon
 Command has Panzerfausts

 Never leave home without your supply truck!

 It might be tuff to see but I also added insignia and rank to collars and shoulders.  Some of them really turned out good.
 Ofcourse all the Flame thrower options are on the stands just in case :)


 Love the Stuka Sd kfz 251s  Used them a couple times to great effect.  And when they are all spent they are still an MG.

Platoon
HQ Section with:
3 Pioneer Squads315 points
2 Pioneer Squads230 points
Options
 Replace Command Pioneer MG team with Command Pioneer Panzerfaust SMG team for +10 points.
 Add an additional Sd Kfz 251/7 (Pioneer) half-track to each squad for +10 points per half-track.
 Replace any or all Sd Kfz 251/7 (Pioneer) half-tracks with Sd Kfz 251/1 (Stuka) half-tracks for +40 points per half-track.
 Add Pioneer Supply Maultier half-track for +30 points.
 Add a Goliath demolition carrier to one Pioneer MG team for +30 points.
Only one SS-Panzerpionier Platoon in an SS-Panzerpionierkompanie may be equipped with Sd Kfz 251/1 (Stuka) half-tracks.
Platoon selection courtesy of EasyArmy.com 



3 comments:

  1. I am interested in your thoughts on the Stuka Zu Fuss... I am pondering adding the platoon as an option to my GPg's... do you reckon the 'stukas' are worth the points? 3 x 'stukas' = same points as a 3 element nebelwerfer battery...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it depends on the situation. If your trying to get that even number platoons and getting the Nebs instead of buffing the pioneers will get that for you Id say go with the Nebs. Ideally you would take the Nebs regardless and just add the Stuka zu fuss if you have the left over points.

    It is nice to have an additional 3 vehicle mgs though. They can join in the Mounted assaults etc once theyve spent their barrage.

    Each Stuka zu fuss fires as if its a 6 gun rocket battery. So if you manage to range in on your first attempt you get a double wide template :) Imagine all 3 ranging in on the first attempt vs a Russian horde :p pure awesome. lol

    For me its more of a fun factor and adding some flavour to a game. Its totally hilarious when your opponents jaw drops after you explain how they work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool many thanks for your thoughts... I imagine I will grab some eventually as I am gradually filling out all the possible support platoon options for my GPg's...

    I was thinking if used together with Nebs or halftrack mortars you could secure a pin and smoke before you launch an assault, always helpful for getting that assault in, and not pinned by defensive fire!

    ReplyDelete